To reinforce situational awareness and discernment.
- Targets placed at same or varying heights
- Targets placed at same or varying distance.
- Targets identified by colors, numbers, letters or shapes.
- Custom targets: relevant to subject such as aircraft instrument panel
Laser Pointer Strategies
Various ways to engage and challenge sensorimotor systems throughout
the human body.
- Laser in dominant or non-dominant hand
- One laser in each hand, alternate left / right hand in sequence
- One laser in each hand, alternate left / right per clinicians verbal commands
- Laser mounted on head with headgear, or on other parts of the body as needed
Additional cognitive challenges during GyroStim training to improve multi-tasking and brain processing capability.
- Counting up or down in sequence
- Simple or complex math equations
- Familiar list recitation
- Short or long term recall challenges
Physical / Situational Strategies
To exercise sensorimotor challenges specific to the individual.
- Interactive: rotate while actively pursuing targets, with the option to engage in cognitive activities
- Passive: rotate with head fixed and staring at a fixed point inside the rotating chair
- Eye-patch on dominant or non-dominant eye
- Subject wears sports gear (i.e. football helmet, hockey helmet) during session
- Crowd/stadium noise or other appropriate background recordings are played loudly during the run